The Green European Foundation is currently seeking a full-time Project & Administration Assistant – limited contract until end June 2017
The Project & Administration Assistant is assisting the Programme Manager in the implementation and follow-up of projects following the annual work programme of GEF. The projects entail a variety of activities with partners all around Europe: organisation of seminars and conferences, publications, trainings, online tools, etc. Most of the projects are transnational in their setting, meaning that they involve several partners outside Brussels. GEF mainly acts as a coordinator of these projects and a facilitator of the network, making sure that the relevance and quality of the projects, as well as their compliance with the rules of the European Parliament, are met. This position therefore involves a significant amount of administrative and financial work – this is not a research position.
Main responsibilities and tasks
· Setting up the project online communication portal with partners (Sharepoint)
· Drafting project agreements based on an existing template
· Assistance in drafting communications material presenting GEF’s work programme
· Checking project budgets and financial reports
· Assistance in organising international meetings for GEF’s partners
· Administrative assistance for the daily running of the office
Qualities and experience sought
· At least 1 year of experience in a relevant position with a similar level of responsibility
· Organised and structured
· Attention to detail
· At ease with numbers and working with Excel
· Developed writing and communication skills
· Fluent in English (written and oral skills)
· Able to work and thrive in a multicultural team
The Green European Foundation offers
· A full-time (38h) post on a contract with limited duration (6 months). Ideal start date: as soon as possible, no later than 10 January 2017.
· Salary depending on experience, subject to Belgian tax and social security systems, with a reference salary level of EUR 22 000 brut/year. Meal vouchers and full public transport subscription offered.
· An open, positive and engaging working atmosphere in an international environment.
Start Date: early January 2017 (or as soon as possible)
Office Location: Brussels, Belgium
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by attachment to an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org until 20 November 2016, midnight CET, attention of Aurélie Maréchal, Director of GEF. The application must include a current CV and a cover letter outlining the motivation for this position at GEF, both comprised in a single pdf document which includes first and last name of the candidate in the document name.
The interviews for the position will take place in Brussels on 6,7 and 8 December 2016.
In case of questions, please do not hesitate to send an e-mail to email@example.com.
More information: Green European Foundation www.gef.eu.