Summer University » 27 May 2016 in Dublin, Ireland
"European Migration: Causes and Effects" Dublin Summer School 2016
This year's Summer School in Dublin focused on how civil society can manage migration and the attitudes towards it in a positive and constructive way, with a broader remit of linking migration to poverty and indeed to climate change and general Green issues. Furthermore, this event specifically addressed the situation in Ireland and its role as a Member State of the European Union in finding solutions to this humanitarian crisis.
LIST OF SPEAKERS:
- Barry Andrews (Chief Executive Officer of GOAL)
- John Barry (Professor of Green Political Economy at QUB)
- Nessa Childers (Independent MEP for Dublin)
- Valerie Cox (RTÉ journalist)
- Catherine Devitt (Environmental Justice Officer, Jesuit Centre for Faith and Justice)
- Sandy Dunlop (Terenure Initiative)
- Mark Fielding (Chief Executive Officer of ISME)
- Brian Killoran (Chief Executive Officer of Immigrant Council of Ireland)
- Maria Giovanna Manieri (Advisor on Migration and Asylum for the Greens/EFA, European Parliament)
- Duncan Stewart (Broadcaster and Chair of Green Foundation Ireland)
LOCATION: National College of Ireland, IFSC, Dublin 1
VIDEOS: Video recordings of the insightful lectures from this event are available in this link.